Monday, February 4, 2008

-12.5






Okay, so I have been SEVERLY negligent in keeping this blog thing current. It's not that life's little details haven't been interesting enough to share...quite the opposite, in fact. It seems like we continually meet ourselves coming and going. The holiday, not to mention the rest of 2007, went by in a blur. My mom always said that time speeds up once you have kids. She was right about that and sooooo much more!


It seems winter has finally caught up with us. It's 9:00 PM and -12.5 degrees. After a somewhat mild start, Father Frost has come back with a vengance! The days have been deceptively sunny, but for us this time of year, a crystal, clear day leaves a lot to be desired. Yes, it's cold - but the days are getting longer. In the last week, we've noticed light just over the horizon at 7:00 AM and there is still some remnant of daylight at 5:30 PM. The extra daylight and Mike's reservation for the Winter King Salmon Derby are proof that better days are coming!


I'd love to give a detailed run-down on what we've been doing, but I fear we all might collapse from exhaustion! I'm including some highlight photos of big events...Halloween (Ainsley was Gothity-Ann and Sofie was Wednesday from the Addams Family), Christmas, painting a wall in our den and the standard issue winter moose photo. They are only a glimpse, but hopefully they will suffice.


I'm going to sign-off for now, Anthony Bourdain is on and it's a new episode in New Orleans. To me, that's "must-see TV!"

No comments: