Thursday, September 13, 2007

Skool Daze 2007-2008




I know I emailed out pictures of the girls on their respective first days of school, but I feel like the "Bad Mom" for not taking the time to document all the excitement a little more thoroughly.

It's hard to believe it, but Ainsley is half way through elementary school this year - third grade. I know you are all a little shocked, but try being me for just a moment!!! She started gifted & talented class this year. It's a full afternoon once a week and she LOVES IT!!! She comes home so excited and that makes us all feel good. Her gifted & talented teacher showed me the results of the tests she took at the end of last year and she was reading & comprehending at a grade 5.8 level and doing math at a grade 5.1 level. We are both happy that she has the opportunity for this extra challenge.

Miss Sofie is off an running in first grade! District first graders started a week later this year so that their teachers could do comprehensive reading assesments on the students. Sofie tested half-way through first grade vocabulary. She's so funny, she tells us she can't read - but then informs us that she is tired of (her words) "boring, small books"! She has two wonderful teachers this year and was really excited to bring home a 12 page homework packet today. I had to explain that she didn't have to do the WHOLE thing tonight.

Anyway, here are a couple more pictures of their big days. You'll notice the chaos in the background of Sofie's picture...that was our house before the move.

No comments: